A fresh take on an on old classic, this delicious keto turmeric banana bread is soft and super-moist and made without wheat flour or added sugars. The power couple combo of turmeric and cinnamon play extremely well against banana’s natural sweetness, boosting this classic to new heights. It’s perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or an afternoon treat, with 10g of protein and 6g of net carbs per slice.
Potassium-rich banana is a healthy, whole-food addition that gives this bread its tender and moist texture without added oils, sugar, or wheat flour. Sip on a collagen-boosting turmeric latte while enjoying a slice of this wholesome classic.
Low Carb Turmeric Banana Bread
- ¼ cup (30g) Epic Grounds Turmeric Protein Creamer
- 2 ⅓ cups (220g) organic almond flour
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 ½ cups (160g) ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 large, or 3 ½ medium)
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp organic ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup (28g) organic walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch bread pan and line with parchment paper. (Tip: cut the parchment paper into 2 strips, and line the bread pan lengthwise with one piece , then lay the second piece of parchment widthwise.)
- Whisk together almond flour, Turmeric Protein Creamer, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk or hand mixer. Add the mashed bananas, and beat until just blended.
- Stir the almond flour mixture into the banana mixture by hand until no streaks of dry flour remain, being careful not to overmix. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over top of batter, and press lightly into the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. (Tent with aluminum foil if top gets too dark before cooked through.) Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan using the parchment paper as an aid. Allow to cool completely on before slicing and serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 6g
- Added Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 9g