Deliciously tender and sweet, these keto caramel-pecan sticky buns are just what you need on a cold morning or for a weekend breakfast. The best part? They taste just like the real thing but are sugar free and come in at only 1 net carb per roll.
Skip the unnecessary and inflammatory refined sugars and wheat flours used in conventional sticky buns and opt for this keto version that’s actually good for you. Enjoy them while sipping a collagen-boosting blended iced caramel latte for a quick and easy weekend breakfast.
Gooey Keto Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
- ¼ cup (30g) Epic Grounds Caramel Protein Creamer
- 1 cup (120g) organic almond flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) organic coconut flour
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum powder (non-GMO)
- 3 tbsp (45g) organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (28g) organic butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10g) organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5g) organic Madagascar vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (56g) organic butter, softened
- 3 tbsp (39g) brown sugar substitute (non-GMO)
- 2 tbsp organic ground cinnamon
- 10 drops (0.4g) organic liquid monk fruit sweetener
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp (46g) allulose (non-GMO)
- ½ tsp (2.5g) organic Madagascar vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp (53g) organic heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup (28g) organic pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Caramel Protein Creamer, allulose, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl (approximately 45 seconds on high). Add in the eggs, and beat with a whisk or handheld mixer until smooth. Add heavy cream, vinegar, and vanilla to egg mixture and mix together. Combine egg mixture with the dry ingredients and mix well with a handheld mixer or spatula until combined. With a spatula or with oiled hands, shape the dough into a ball, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. (Please note: the dough will be very sticky.)
- While the dough rests, mix Cinnamon Filling ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare 2 large pieces of wax paper (approximately 15" long each). Lay one sheet of wax paper on a flat surface, and place the dough in the center. Cover the dough with the second sheet of wax paper, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 9" x 9" x 1/4" thick. Spread the cinnamon filling onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch margin along the bottom edge of the dough empty.
- Using the wax paper as an aid, roll the dough (towards the empty inch) up into a tight log. Seal the edge with wet fingertips.
- Cut the log crosswise into 9 equal pieces and transfer rolls to the prepared round cake pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. If necessary, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, make the Caramel-Pecan Topping by combining heavy cream, vanilla, allulose, butter, and vanilla in a small nonstick pot. Bring to a gently boil and cook stirring frequently until it is golden brown and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (approximately 5-10 minutes). Add in pecans, and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and immediately drizzle generously with Caramel-Pecan Topping. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
Serving Size: 1 roll with caramel sauce
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 1g
- Added Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 7g